Like us on Facebook! Keep in touch via our forums for exclusive updates!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Off-Topic Land

Okay, so I just saw this, and thought it would be fun to share with you all.

Most of you know that Hypertension, at its heart, is running on the DOOM engine. We do a lot of things that would make people think otherwise, and it's all about squeezing what you can out of old technology. It's really using the good ol' imagination, like the one we all grew up with.

But, when I saw this I couldn't resist. The video below is a "port", if you will, of Mortal Kombat running on the Doom engine. Obviously it's not a straight port because it had to be rebuilt, but this goes to show you that DOOM is still alive and kicking today, and despite its limited ability, people continue to set the bar with what you can do with it.

So, take this at face value and enjoy. I know I did!


No comments: