Like us on Facebook! Keep in touch via our forums for exclusive updates!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Helloo out there!!

How's everyone doing? I hope well, it's been awhile since we've had some real news. Well, public news at least!
Just wanted to thank everyone again for supporting us and our endevours so far! Scourge is coming along great and I couldn't be happier with the team and with the game itself. I can see that there is a lot of excitement and speculation surrounding the title...which always makes things more interesting!

Our game is coming together and we have some of the best guys around right now, keep checking back often as we continue to grind away at Scourge. Assets are looking cool and everyone is working very hard together right now. That's the most important part is communication.

When managing a team, it becomes a different story. With Hypertension, it was me and one other (Fiend), and we had a great dynamic together. We flowed off of each others creative energy and truly came up with some amazing and innovative stuff. When you move away from that to a grand-scale project with a dozen others, some things tend to get in the way. Delegation and management become important, and the game design becomes tighter (because it has to). Something I'm learning. Hyper came together as we moved along. Scourge took almost a full year before we started blazing into development; in contrast, Hyper took off a few months after I put together a few builds and videos in 2008.

It would be absolutely impossible for me to say the same about Scourge. While working with one other person (or myself, as I did 10 months before I had a colleague) can be fun and dynamic, working with a bunch can be hectic. You find that you need seperate people to manage different parts of the project, something that sort of hit me hard recently. But it's all a learning experience, especially on a game that's on a COMPLETELY different scale than Hyper was. It's feeling more legit as the days go by, and that's not a bad thing. :)

BTW, I wanted to say that I haven't given up on Hyper3DGE yet (our DOOM engine): there's a few mods in the works for the engine that I'm excited to see soon, so I'll keep you guys updated on those as well. You can find the latest on our forums for those projects, MAJOR KUDOS to those guys for keeping DOOM, and most importantly, EDGE, alive!! Rock on! \m/

Anyways, just a little rant. Wanted to show my thanks to DCEmulation, you guys have always been good to me and my team, so keep on keepn' on! Awesome things are coming soon! If you guys haven't already, take a look at our Facebook page and "Like" us! You can see exclusive screenshots and promo stuff that we don't show anywhere else! Be sure to register on our forums!

No comments: